1 of 21
Our customers trust us
About this property
Surrounded by open countryside, this stunning 19th Century sandstone farmhouse conversion, offers an idyllic retreat away from your day-to day life. Converted beautifully, to an incredibly high-standard, this fabulous family farmhouse is hard to compete with. Sleeping eight guests over two floors, there is plenty of room to spread out and relax. Throughout the house, large modern windows have been fitted, allowing light to flood in, adding to the charming atmosphere at this property.
The renovations have created a beautiful blend of character features and modern styles, with contemporary windows and pristine white walls, seamlessly connecting to vaulted ceilings, traditional beams and exposed sandstone. The atmosphere is calm and relaxed, with homely touches making it easy to settle in and very hard to leave! On the ground floor, you will find the spacious kitchen and dining room, perfect for sociable evening meals. With glass doors opening out to the patio, this room is particularly lovely in the summer months when you cook up some fabulous meals and dine out on the sunning terrace. There is a games room with a half-size pool table where the family championships can take place – make sure you keep score! The living room, with its cosy, wood-burning stove is perfect all year round. With the warming fire encouraging you to put your feet up and relax, reading your favourite book or playing a game as a family. The master bedroom can be found on the ground floor, with its own en-suite bathroom. There are two further double bedrooms on this floor, both sharing a stylish shower room. The final bedroom is up on the first floor, with beautiful views over the garden, boasting its own en-suite.
The outdoor space is perfect for kids and adults alike. With an outdoor table and chairs where adults can gather and socialise, sharing bottle or two of wine, whilst kids run, play and explore in the adjacent garden. The owners who live next door, have three Alpacas, which you can say hello to, another unique feature of this charming property!
Felton Farmhouse offers a rural setting surrounded by open countryside, a real escape from the hustle and bustle, whilst remaining nearby the beautiful towns and beaches. The farmhouse is situated almost equidistant from Longhorsley, Felton and Longframlington and only a short fifteen-minute drive from the popular towns of Alnwick and Morpeth.
A short 20-minute walk from the front door, guests will find the Linden Hall Golf and Leisure Club with its pub/restaurant and fabulous grounds, perfect for lunches out or a day on the course if you enjoy a round of golf! Some of the nearby cafes, pubs and restaurants are known to be amongst the best in Northumberland, making this a great location for those who enjoy eating out! These include, The Anglers Arms at Weldon Bridge, The Running Fox café, the Northumberland Arms in Felton and the Cook and Barker at Newton on the Moor, so make sure you try a few!
Guests who are looking for a more active relaxation, or to try to something different, can enjoy Golf at Linden Hall or Burgham Park, Clay Pigeon shooting at nearby Bywell, fishing on the Coquet at Weldon Bridge or even Flying from Bockenfield airfield. All of these activites are within a five-minute drive of the beautiful farmhouse, perfect for doing something different each day!
Alnwick and its’ world-famous Treehouse, Castle and Gardens is just a twenty-minute drive away, a must visit, being extremely popular with kids and adults alike! Within a similar distance, you will also find some of the stunning Northumberland beaches, perfect for an afternoon trip and a chance to grab some local fish and chips!
A stunning 19th Century sandstone farm conversion, offering a unique atmosphere and setting, accommodating eight guests comfortably!
- Kitchen and dining room with a large Rangemaster cooker, American fridge freezer with ice and water dispenser, dishwasher, microwave, toaster and kettle
- Games room with patio doors to the terrace
- Living room with a wood burning stove, sofas and TV
- Master bedroom: King-size bed, en-suite bathroom
- Shower room
- Bedroom 2: King-size bed
- Bedroom 3: King-size bed
- Bedroom 4: King-size bed, en-suite shower room
- South-facing courtyard
- Outdoor dining table
- Storage shed and log store
- Enclosed lawned garden
- Paddock with three resident Alpacas. The Alpaca’s are gorgeous to look at but often aren’t the most forthcoming of animals. They are kept to themselves in their own, private paddock. If you’d like to see them a bit closer, you’re welcome to, but please do not feed them any of your own food as they have their own that they are fed each day.
- Private parking: There is private, off-road parking on the driveway for up to 5 cars at the front of the Farmhouse
-50″ TV in the lounge with Freeview
- DVD player
- TV with Freeview
- Traditional wood-burning stove in the lounge (firewood provided all year round)
- Underfloor heating throughout the ground floor
Transport - Car
Distance - Miles
- Morwick Ice Cream Parlour 6 miles
- Widdrington Inn 6.5 miles
- Druridge Bay Country Park 7.5 miles
- Warkworth Castle and Hermitage 8 miles
- Carlisle Park 8 miles
- Sun Inn 8 miles
- Spurreli 8.5 miles
- The Harbour Fish Bar 8.5 miles
- Barter Books 10 miles
- Red Lion Inn 10 miles
Our members see prices not available anywhere else online.
Join now and save up to 60% on last minute cottages.
Join to UNLOCK member pricing & SAVE up to 60%.